Monday, June 24, 2013

Heifers - pelicans and the full moon

Every week we move our replacement heifers to another pasture. We have 4 pastures that we rotate them through. The heifers have now come to know the routine. They usually, and I use that term loosely. Head right for the gate. Today, they were in 2 big bunches. One group was along the creek and the other group was up by the water tank. I got the group by the creek, and Cameron got the group by the water tank. I got my group through the gate and went and flanked for Cameron. Got them through the gate. Heading back to the trailer, we saw some pelicans. They must be eating fish from the creek and lake. They are the most awkward looking birds. Not a very good picture. Its difficult trying to find them, then focus and shoot. While getting the birds to hold still :)
Sitting on the back patio, I got some pretty pictures on the full moon.

The group of heifers by the water tank.
 
Leo making sure the heifers go though the gate and not past it.




Pelicans.


Full moon from the back yard.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, super moon picture. Love the Pelicans.


    A wonderful bird is the pelican,
    His bill will hold more than his belican,
    He can take in his beak
    Enough food for a week
    But I'm damned if I see how the helican!

    Hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variety of wild life you have there is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird shots are good! Photos of birds are hard...I know, because I keep trying. Love the horse shot. Your heifers are really looking good!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos!! Love those Hereford!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the view through Leo's ears...as well as the other shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoyed the ranch.