Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Over the Hump

Today we took the "old guy" to Seattle for his yearly physical. All his tests came back good! YEA!
We went from the dry, dusty desert thru the gorgeous Cascade Mountains to the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown Seattle, with its tall, tall buildings, traffic, and people everywhere. Did I mention traffic? Yea, lots of traffic. And people watching. Lots of interesting people. All photos taken from the car.

Windmills in Vantage. There are thousands of them. Quite a site.



Mount Rainer. Seen from Rye Grass. It has to be at least 500 miles from this spot.




The jagged Cascade Mountains. Not long and they will be covered with snow and skiers.






Crossing the 520 floating bridge. Heading into Seattle.





Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Glad the 'old guy' checked out ok. Lotsa good pics. I can never get any good ones of the Seattle skyline. Of course I never go to Seattle. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the big city and back to the wide open spaces of your cowgirl ranch life. I don't imagine you would fancy trading places with those people who live and work in 'those tall buildings' every day. On the other hand I'll bet nine out of ten of them would give their eye teeth to trade places. You gotta feel for them!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the test results came back good. I love the picture of the windmills and also of Mt. Rainer :) I would love to hike it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this short whirlwind tour...although, it was short or a whirlwind for you and your husband I'm sure. I don't know about you, but I hate going into lots and lots of traffic...give me the slow the green the open and I'm happy.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photos. It's definitely different than my "neck of the woods."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see that part of the world someday, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The once a year trip to the big city! You have some very beautiful country to drive through. In Canada it took a long time before they put a road through the Cascades. The first road was so dangerous few people would drive it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the appointment and trip went good! One has to take in a little people watching every now and then.

    You said the "S" word. I refuse to think about Christmas this early and snow ranks up there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I just found your blog from Jennifer at Cow Camp Tales. I live in Bellingham. A ways away from you but still in Washington. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice set of pics...love the Mt Rainier ones...but did enjoy all.

    I am on a blog break...not sure when I will start back. Just wanted to see what you were up to...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just FYI: from Ryegrass Summit to Mt. Rainier summit is less than a hundred miles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoyed the ranch.