Thursday, April 3, 2014

Doink!!

We went to drive through the cows to make sure everyone was OK. They were. Well, except the pump went out in one of the solar wells. ugh!
Everywhere we went, there were deer. A dozen here, 20 there. None of them had hat racks. Time to go shed hunting. One of my fav things to do!
Saw this group, stopped to watch them, they spotted us and over the fence they went. They are so graceful jumping over. Looks like they are shedding their winter coat.






The Kerlew are back also. Saw about 8 pairs. They are a shore bird that come here from I don't know where. And nest in the middle of nowhere. They are very skittish. Its hard to get a good picture of them.


Who can resist cow kisses when they come from your 10 year old bottle baby! This is Nerdly and Cameron. The nerd's mama died right after having her. We bottle fed her and she grew up into a cow. If she is in ear shot or sees you, here she comes for some lovin'.


Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. You caught some cool shots of the deer, but I like that last photo best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent shots of the deer. Your new camera? Works good. Good ole Nerdly and her boyfriend. MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots of the deer. Hope you find some sheds for the yard. Not sure I'd get that close to a cow's nose - the sandpaper tong ...ouch! Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a bucket calf, always a bucket calf! I love that shot. It's fun to watch the gracefulness of deer, as long as they aren't exhibiting their skills on the road in front of me! We have too many vehicle vs. deer accidents in our state. It looks as though you might have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those shots of the deer jumping over the fence. What fantastic captures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Cheri,
    It's fun to see wild life. There is something that just makes us stop and look. I have never seen a Kerlew. What a beak.

    No cow kisses at our house, but we have a few "cake hogs" that are willing to lick J's hand.

    Hoping for warmer temps. It was between 22-27* most of last night with no wind. Maybe we will be able to get a full nights sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing to have the kerlew . Haven't came across any sheds, maybe someone else beat me there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome deer photos of them sailing over the fence. I like the way mulies, sort of stiff legged, bounce up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should hook up with Good Fences http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/2014/04/good-fences-2.html with those great shots. Not too sure I'd want to kiss a cow though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, long billed curlews are wonderful birds!! I see them in south Texas in the spring when I go birding there. Those bills are unbelievable. In fact, gonna be there again week after next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at those deer sailing over the fence! Amazing! Love the cow kissing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots. I haven't seen antlers either come to think of it and I need a hatrack and some buttons so I guess I need to keep an eye out for sheds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to laugh at the cow kiss...i would kiss the fur, but not the wet part. You got some great photos of the deer!
    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww~ any cow kisser is a good egg in my book !

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute, cow kisses. I remember working at a dairy and we had a cow that would lick your hair, eww! And curlews, havent seen ours back this year but im sure they are on the way they sure are a squacky bird when you ride over thier nests, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Nerdly is just like Bossy2 bottle fed ones are always special even if the job is never a wanted one:) Great shots. Think she needs a hat:):) Hug B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoyed the ranch.